parkrunBack to Activities
Huntingdon parkrun is a free, weekly, 5km run for runners, joggers, walkers and volunteers. Join your local community, come together on a regular basis and exercise alongside each other while enjoying the beautiful Hinchingbrooke Country Park.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- It provides an opportunity for people to socialise
- You can work on your fitness in an encouraging environment whether you are a complete novice looking to get yourself started on your own running journey or a seasoned athlete
- Being out in nature is good for the mind, body and soul
‘Had a great parkrun with you guys today. Scenic run and friendly people. Will definitely be back’
How to contact
Where to go
Hinchingbrooke Country Park
What to expect?
The course is 5000m long and is run on a mixture of unsurfaced bridleway, grass and hard surfaced paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles. Marshals will be at key sections of the course or signs will be in place to help direct you.
The course starts on the main field near the café, come along to this area and the marshals shall help direct you.
parkrun is open to anyone aged 4 years and above of any ability.
Under 11’s must run with a responsible adult.
After the run you are invited to join others in the Café to swap parkrun stories and chat to other runners over a cup of tea and cake
These events are completely organised by volunteers, if you would like to volunteer take a look here
Interested in travelling further afield? Find about more about:
- Free to attend – registration is required here
- Pay and Display Parking is in use at the Hinchingbrooke Country Park