The Cave – CARESCOBack to Activities
CARESCO's The Cave in Sawtry is a place to pursue practical interests at leisure, to practice new skills and to enjoy making and mending. It is all about social connections and building friendships, sharing expertise and passing on knowledge.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- the Cave is a space to build friendships, reducing loneliness.
- sharing expertise and knowledge is a great way to boost your mood
- the Cave gives an opportunity to learn new skills
How to contact
Where to go
Green End Road
What to expect?
The Cave is run by volunteers from CARESCO, and located in a repurposed Agricultural building.
The CARESCO Cave is all on ground floor level and accessible for those in wheelchairs. There is also parking to rear of the building.
Examples of activities at the Cave include:
- Replacing watch batteries
- PAT testing electrical items
- Woodworking – Bird boxes; insect houses; hedgehog boxes; garden planters
- Upcycling pre-loved items
John tells us why he comes to The Cave:
The Cave is organised by CARESCO, For more information om what CARESCO offer please click here.