WEA – Adult Learning Within ReachBack to Activities
The WEA, formerly known as the Workers Educational Association, is a leading education charity. They empower adults by bringing great teaching to local communities. Their mission is to bring adult education within reach of all, fighting inequality and promoting social justice.
This activity is good for wellbeing because
- It develops skills for life and employment
- It helps you make choices about your personal and professional development
- It helps build confidence and resilience
‘I have met new people of all ages from varied backgrounds and have made some lovely friends. The atmosphere at the workshops was always friendly and relaxing. The tutor was delightful and encouraging.’
How to contact
Where to go
UK (available throughout)
The WEA is a community, and this shines through when you learn with them. Their Cambridgeshire courses are made for people like you, with great tutors and friendly and supportive staff and spaces, online or in person, giving you the skills you need for whatever is next in your life.
All the courses are free.
The Cambridgeshire WEA offer a range of courses for adults, including:
- English for Speakers of Other Languages
- Community Interpreting
- Working in schools, colleges and Early Years settings
- Working with children and young people with special educational needs
- Health and wellbeing courses
- Courses for new tenants and those moving to new accommodation
Watch Joanne talk about why the WEA has made her a success story: