Hunts Community Cancer Network HCCNBack to Support
The Hunts Community Cancer Network charity exists to transform the quality of life of adults living with a cancer diagnosis, across the Huntingdonshire area.
How to contact
Where to go
Huntingdon PE29 1UL
Huntingdon PE29 3QD
HCCN’s vision is to normalise the experience of cancer by providing a place where people can go, as and when they need to, to access therapy, learning and social interaction. This can be any point from the initial cancer diagnosis through to after treatment stops, when people are adjusting to their new ‘normal’ without the safety net of treatment. HCCN recognise that everyone’s experiences of cancer are different, so they try to tailor the services required to the individual. They provide no cost, regular, evidence-based activities and services that promote healthy eating, physical exercise, and mental well-being – a triad of highly recommended self-care strategies that together help their people build a new, ‘normal’ life.
Please register here
Following registration with HCCN, the following services are free:
- They provide a drop-in every Friday offering a cuppa, chat, and cakes or biscuits where you can relax in a friendly atmosphere.
- They offer mat-based yoga, chair-based yoga, line dancing, Tai Chi Qigong, and Pilates.
- Reflexology, reiki, foot care and beauty treatments are available with a waitlist.
- Their Men’s Group meets every Wednesday. They are an extremely friendly and welcoming drop-in group of guys. Support, chats, keeping in touch, jokes and thoughts. They play darts, table tennis, cards, boules and other games. Come for a chat, cup of tea and biscuits.
- Their Women’s Group meets every Wednesday evening. They chat, share experiences and have a cuppa together. Support, laughs, keeping in touch, fundraising and much more
Visit their website for more information